Saturday, 29th April 2017
Saundersfoot - Harbour View

The Havens Community Council

image of The Havens Community Council

VISIT OUR FACE BOOK PAGE

Havens Community Council invite

you to visit our Face Book Page for

our up to date local news by clicking

on the following link to find us and

'like' us.

Facebook

REDLANDS CARAVAN PARK

Visit our Facebook page to view the pre planning application for Redlands Caravan Park proposed Devevelopment.

WHO DOES THE COUNCIL REPPRESENT?

Community Councils are the first tier of Local Government. The Havens Community Council comprises of ten Community Councillors and a Clerk/Financial Officer. They represent the residents of Broad Haven, Little Haven, Talbenny, Hasguard, Haroldston, Walton West and Broadway, and meet monthly to discuss community affairs. Meetings are generally held on the first Tuesday of the month and the Agenda, confirming the date, time and venue is posted on the website three to four days prior to the meeting. Local residents are welcome to attend these meetings to observe the proceedings.

WHO ARE THE COUNCILLORS?

The Havens Council member are Cllr Charlotte Alexander, Cllr Mark Burch, Cllr Nia Davies, Cllr David Faulkner, Cllor Matthew Ford, Cllr Lawrence Hughes, Cllor Joan Phillips, Cllr Susan Reynolds, Cllr Mary Whitewright. Want to know more about the Councillors go to Councillor Profiles in the View All Documents Window.

THE ROLE OF THE COUNCILLOR

A Councillor's role is to represent the interest of the community they serve. They will sit on local groups and boards in order to represent the views of the whole community. They will make every effort to be well informed on local issues and play a vital part in influencing other decision makers. Before making decisions on behalf of the community they will seek to clarify the views of the whole of the community. Should you wish to discuss an issue or give your views you may contact either a Councillor or the Clerk on the numbers provided or attend one of the surgeries being held.

Councillors have legal powers to raise and spend money through taxation in the form of the 'precept'. When spending money they must ensure that they get value for money and that the majority of the residents benefit from the spend. In carrying out these duties they must ensure they proceed with due care of the law, plus safeguard, properly account for and use the council's public money both economically and effectively.

THE ROLE OF THE CLERK/FINANCE OFFICER

The Clerk is a 'qualified trusted professional officer' whose objectivity allows them, by law, to act on behalf of the council. He/she will action any decisions agreed by the whole of the Council, deal with issues, act as public relations officer plus provide admin and financial services.

A SUMMARY OF YOUR RIGHTS

By law any interested person has the right to inspect the Council's accounts. If you are entitled and registered to vote in local council elections then you also have the right to ask the Auditor General questions about them or challenge an item of account contained within them.

For more information please download and read the Summary of your Rights document.

NOTICE OF CONCLUSION OF AUDIT 2015/16 (Public Audit (Wales) Act 2004) Account and Audit (Wales) Regulaions 2005

The audit of the Council's Account for the above year have been concluded on the 1 September 2016 by Grant Thornton UK LLP for and on behalf of the Auditor General for Wales.

A local government elector for the Council may obtain, inspect or take a copy of the Statement of Accounts and the Auditor's Certificate and Report by prior arrangement with the Clerk/RFO at the address and times set out below. A copy of the full audit can be purchased from the Clerk at a cost of £5.

'The Farmhouse, Broadway, Broad Haven, SA72 3HX, between 10 am - 4 pm, Monday to Friday, 30 September - 30 October 2016.'

NEW SUPPORT PROJECT TO ASSIST SOCIAL ENTERPRISES

PBI is a network of professionals who will provide free professional advice to voluntary and community groups and social enterprises. For more information contact the PBI website.

BROAD HAVEN BOARDWALK

For the latest information on the Boardwalk visit the group's facebook page.

FURTHER INFORMATION

Local elections are held every four years and at least 80% of Councillors must be elected. The remaining 20% can be co-opted on to the Council by the elected members. You can find further information on Community Councils, Councillors and Council Clerks at One Voice Wales

Recent Uploads:

Council Boundaries:

Contact Details:

Christine Lewis Mrs (clerk)
The Farmhouse,
Broadway,
Broad Haven,
Haverfordwest,
SA62 3HX
T: 01437 781418
View All Contacts